If you're getting ready to move home this weekend we feel it is our duty to bring to your attention ‘Clean Your Refrigerator Day’ today!
With all the packing you’ve been doing, we quite understand if you have forgotten about this very auspicious national day. Some say it was invented by the Smeg Corporation, however its origins have now been lost in the mists of time (or rather, no one has updated the Wikipedia page).
With all the tasks associated with moving home, cleaning the fridge maybe the last thing on your mind; but if you’re leaving a rented property to move into your new abode, then you really should tackle the fridge, and the other areas of the property listed below, in order to get your full deposit back:
- On top of the cupboards – always sticky with dust and grease
- The cooker extractor fan – a challenge which may need extra hot and soapy water
- Inside the cooker – Mr Muscle or similar is often required
- The toilet – some say flat coca cola makes an excellent toilet cleaner
- Behind the sofa – you’ll be surprised at what you’ll find hiding there
- The windows – if you can’t see out, then chances are your landlord may not give you your deposit back
In fact it’s quite easy to forget a few things when you’re busy and a little stressed. But don’t worry, at 1st Property Lawyers we promise to take care of the legal side of moving for you, so all you’ve got to worry about is remembering to leave the house in a clean and tidy state and don’t forget to pack the kettle and biscuits in an easily accessible box!
We wish you all the best with your move.
P.S. If you know of someone else who is moving home and needs a conveyancer, then why not suggest 1st Property Lawyers. No obligation quotes can be obtained either via our website or over the phone on 0333 321 2345, and we certainly try as much as possible to take the stress out of the moving process.